About the Chamber
The Scugog Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary, not-for-profit association of business and professional people. Members share a common interest and pride in their community, working together to make Scugog a better place in which to work and live. It is funded by business members and managed by volunteers. The Scugog Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2014!
The mission of Scugog Chamber is to provide our industrial, technology, agriculture, tourism, commercial and service business members with valuable business resources, pertinent information and excellent networking opportunities. We are committed to being a strong voice for business.
The benefits derived from membership are enhanced business skills and knowledge, employer/employee benefits, and improved business opportunities. Our focus on the needs of business and our accessibility to all levels of governments differentiates us from other organizations.
- To promote business in the Scugog area and enrich the community
- To encourage and promote the tourism potential of our area
- To strengthen the organization through increasing membership and resource base
- To serve as the voice of business in our community at various levels of government
- To enhance the image of the Chamber by providing activities of interest to the membership
A vital part of our mandate is to encourage the plans and policies that will enhance the positive growth of the commercial, industrial, agricultural and entrepreneurial businesses of our community. The Chamber enjoys strong representation on the Scugog Township Economic Development Committee, the Tourist Association of Durham Region and the Joint Chambers of Commerce and we liaise with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, the Region of Durham and the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership to ensure your needs are addressed.
What We Can Do For You…
We invite you to join the Scugog Chamber of Commerce and help us make great things happen on the shores of Lake Scugog! There are so many reasons to join the Chamber…it costs your business money not to belong!
Some of the many benefits of becoming a Chamber member are found on our Benefits of Membership page.
Board Room Facilities:
- Board Table (seating for 14 – 16 comfortably)
- Projector – Laptop compatible
- Projector Screen
- Wireless Network – please inquire at time of booking
- Booking Time Available: Monday – Friday – 8:30am – 4:30pm
- $50.00 / 3 hours or less minimum booking
- $10.00 / hour – After 3 hours or more.
Please book two weeks prior to ensure availability. Thank you.